Are you about to start using AscendixRE?
Watch this 15-minute video that walks you through your AscendixRE trial. We cover some common questions posed by Listing Brokers & Tenant/Buyer Reps.
Your trial is 30 days, and although that might seem like a long time, it quickly elapses. We suggest logging in at least 3 times a week, to get a sense of how all the information flows, and to give yourself a chance to form questions.
Yes, a total of 5 users can have access to the trial, so you can bring on 4 other users. Click here to view instructions on how to add additional users.
The entire database is all open, from a data perspective. Everyone can see everything, except for Deals. Deals are private to the individual who created that record. If you would like Deals to be open as well, please let us know.
This will vary from person to person, but to get the most out of it, make sure you have a meeting scheduled with one of the members of the Client Success Team. They’ll take 30-45 minutes to hear some of your goals and business processes and then walk you through how to apply them in Ascendix.
After that, adding your own data is the next best thing. Although we have supplied the trial with some sample, staged data, it always makes sense when you see your own info in there. It’s what makes things ‘click.’
You have the ability to grant Ascendix temporary access to your Salesforce environment in order to assist with various tasks such as importing your data and hands-on training tailored to your organization. Step 1. Click on the person icon from the top right menu and select “Settings” Step 2. From the left navigation bar click on Grant Account Login Access Step 3. Find “Ascendix Technologies Inc. Support” and grant access for 1 day, 3 days, 1 week or 1 month Step 4. Save
You have the ability to grant Ascendix temporary access to your Salesforce environment in order to assist with various tasks such as importing your data and hands-on training tailored to your organization.
Step 1. Click on the person icon from the top right menu and select “Settings”
Step 2. From the left navigation bar click on Grant Account Login Access
Step 3. Find “Ascendix Technologies Inc. Support” and grant access for 1 day, 3 days, 1 week or 1 month
Step 4. Save
Step 1. Navigate to Setup Step 2. Type Company Information in Quick Find and notice the Salesforce Organization ID in the right column Watch the video to find your Salesforce Org ID:
Step 1. Navigate to Setup
Step 2. Type Company Information in Quick Find and notice the Salesforce Organization ID in the right column
Watch the video to find your Salesforce Org ID:
At minimum, Accounts/Companies and Contacts. You can either manually add them, or we can add a sample for you, as long as they are provided in an Excel spreadsheet. It doesn’t matter where the data came from as long as it’s in a spreadsheet format.
Additional data, such as Properties, Listings, Leases, you can add manually to get a sense of how the information gets connected.
Once you are a client and on-boarded, we can assist you in importing the rest of your data into Ascendix.
Watch this video to learn how to import Contacts and Accounts to AscendixRE:
In this video, we show how to import Properties and Leases to your CRM:
In this video we explain how to use our Multi Tab Spreadsheet to simplify data import:
Also, check out our tips and tricks on successful CRM data migration.
Need help? Contact Support.
💡 Did you know that all AscendixRE Enterprise users are eligible for free data import? Our Concierge team will be happy to add your contacts, written notes, process pictures of business cards, create listings based on the property brochures to help you keep your data clean. Learn more about Concierge team.
Reach out to us and we’ll get Ascendix Search and other features installed in your trial.
Absolutely. Here is a quick video tutorial on how to connect your Outlook to Ascendix. It does assume you’ve met some of the technical requirements.
Stay tuned for a Gmail tutorial.
If you would like an Ascendix employee to help walk you through it, please let us know.
Watch the video below to see an overview of available Outlook functionality:
We get asked this a lot.
We have been in this CRM/data game for 22 years and have plenty of recommendations to help you along the way.
When you connect your email provider with Ascendix, you can determine the direction in which information flows. The options are:
- Sync Outlook/Gmail to Salesforce
- Sync Salesforce to Outlook/Gmail
- Don’t sync
These 3 options are available for Contacts and Events (Appointments)
Contacts. Don’t sync!
When you sync, much of the data flows back and forth in periodic cycles. In several instances, data has duplicated itself several times over, creating more of an administrative nightmare.
Instead, a better way of managing this is to export your contacts from Outlook or Gmail, clean up the data, and import them in bulk.
As you continue using your email and Ascendix, if there is a net-new contact that sends you an email, you can quickly capture their contact info and create the contact record, all within the Ascendix side panel that presents itself in your email.
If you want to automate the flow of data here, we suggest option 2, sync Salesforce events to Outlook or Gmail. You can assume that the data you enter in Salesforce, should end up in your calendar. But not all appointments in your calendar has relevance in Salesforce.
Alternatively, you can choose to not sync, and subjectively decide which calendar appointment should go in Salesforce.
This is the # 1 top question we get.
Yes! This is up to each user and what their default list is, per tab.
For example, you set your Accounts default to “All Accounts” and your Contacts default to “My Contacts”
Here is how to set a default view:
- Select the view you want to see (i.e. My Contacts)
- Click on the pushpin icon – and that’s it!
Yes. Let’s clarify what can be done.
- The tabs you see across the screen on your navigation bar, those can be hidden/removed or re-ordered. We cannot add tabs that don’t exist. Watch this video to learn more:
- On each record (example: Contact) – we can hide/remove fields, or add your own custom fields if there is something you want to track for that Contact (most commonly people add Linkedin Profiles, or a way to Categorize their contacts by type such as prospect, client, owner, tenant, etc..). Another record frequently altered is the Property record. There are over 200 + fields on there. It’s great if you want to track all the nitty gritty details, but if you don’t you can hide or collapse the details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqXZ4AFSvM&feature=youtu.be
- You could also re-name some of the tabs. As long as the spirit of the data is the same, there is no harm in re-naming them (Example: Some people like to re-name Accounts to Companies).
Although you don’t need a lot of technical chops to get it done, it does require some practice. For the most part, much of this stuff can be managed if you’re comfortable dragging and dropping boxes. It’s important to note if you’re in a multi-user trial, only the first user, who has an admin profile, can access this ‘behind the scenes’ area. VIP status!
Watch this video that walks you through how you can add/remove/reorder fields.
If you want to edit the tabs you see in the horizontal navigation bar, click on the pencil icon on the far right. This will allow you to re-order the tabs, so that ones you need most are moved to the top (when editing), and will display furthest to the left, when you’re done making changes.
If you want to remove a tab completely, as an admin you can do so
In this video, we show how to move the activities tab in your Salesforce.
In this video, we show how to move the activities tab in your Salesforce.
What can’t you customize?
Here’s a general list of things an admin can do:
- Re-name tabs (Example: Changing ‘Accounts’ to ‘Companies’)
- Re-name field labels (Example: Changing a field name from “Type” to “Relationship”)
- Change the columns that are displayed in the list view (Tip: Only show the data you care to see at a quick glance)
- Change the layout of a record (Tip: Only show the most important fields up top, take advantage of the real estate on the screen, no pun intended!)
- Change the color scheme (perhaps to match your organization’s color palette)
- Workflows. Although an advanced feature, workflows customized to how your business flows really help automate your day. Which leads to increased efficiency. (Example of a workflow: Get email reminders when leases are going to expire for your tenants, when a Listing is created, create a checklist of tasks that need to be accomplished by a certain person or team).
There are several ways to do this. Here are the top 3:
You must begin by adding a field such as Category on the Contact record to identify them as a Prospect. Once that’s in place:
- With AscendixRE, you can create specific List Views, that pull up your Contacts, by that filter of “Prospect,” so that you’re segregating your contacts by that category. From there you can decide what information you want to see in the list, at a quick glance, or drill into each record to log the calls for that contact. See this (no sound) video, for a quick overview of how to accomplish this.
- With AscendixRE, you can also automate much of the to do’s or future tasks/calls you need to make. By creating Workflows, you can decide once a Contact is tagged as a Prospect, how often you need to call or follow up with them. 30-60-90 drip plans are common, but this can totally be customized to your needs. You can reach out to us to set this up for you.
- With Ascendix Search, you can create quick and easy lists, that are either based on data (i.e. Contact Type = Prospect) or your own subjective knowledge of randomly selected contacts. From there, in a quick split screen, on the left, you can see your list and on the right, you can see your to do’s and activity history, while scheduling new actions on the records on the right. Ascendix Search is sold as an add on to the Foundations edition and included in the Enterprise edition.
Think of an inquiry as an unqualified lead. You can capture Contact and Company info, and once qualified, they can be converted to full fledged Contacts and accounts.
For Listing Brokers:
An inquiry would be buyer rep or tenant rep broker reaching out to you on behalf of the listing, inquiring about the space. It could also be an end user inquiring directly. The inquiry form allows you to link the interest to the Listing, so you have a grouping of all inquiring parties since you’ve won the Listing. It’s a good lead pipeline, and a way to report to your seller or landlord on ‘foot traffic’.
For Buyer Reps/Tenant Reps:
The inquiry form also has an area where you can jot down investment or leasing preference. Price min and max, space requirements, Property type requirements, required move in or purchase date.
You convert an inquiry when you think is appropriate.
*Note that any customized fields you add to the inquiry, will not be captured when you convert the records.
Learn more about Inquiries:
The Property is the building itself. Its physical characteristics, location, total space, # of floors, etc.
The Listing is the agreement you win to sell or lease that building.
As a Listing Broker you would create both records, but track all of your outbound marketing/selling efforts and inbound inquiries against the listing. Again this helps you for reporting purposes, and ensures everything is tied to one common record.
There is an exception here. If you are a Land Broker, and you are on an AscendixRE Land trial, we have co-mingled the Property and Listing tabs, so that you are managing all of your listings, within the Property record itself.
The deal is your pipeline to track a transaction that will likely occur. It tracks a revenue-generating event. If you’re diligent in adding deals, it gives you a good perspective of what’s due to close, when and for how much. WHEN you create a deal is highly subjective.
As a Tenant Rep, you could create a deal when you have an LOI. You can then track the multiple properties your client (The company you are representing to lease a space), is touring. Eventually when one Property is selected and the lease terms are all entered on the deal, closing the deal will auto-create a Lease comp for that Account (tenant) in that Property.
As a Landlord Rep, you would create a deal once you have a Suite that is getting serious intent for being leased. Once you capture the Tenant info, and lease terms, closing the deal will auto-create a Lease comp for that Account (tenant) in that Property.
It’s expected to have multiple deals connected to your lease listing, if it’s a multi-tenant building.
As a Buyer Rep, you could create a deal when you have an LOI. You can then track the multiple properties your client (The account or contact you are representing to purchase a building), is touring. Eventually when one Property is selected and the sale terms are all entered on the deal, closing the deal will auto-create a Sale comp for that Property.
As a Seller Rep, you would create a deal once you have a short list of buyers. You can track the prospective buyers, their level of interest, and qualification. Ultimately, when one buyer stands out and the sale and closing terms are captured, closing the deal will auto-create a Sale comp for that Property.
Watch the video below to see it in action:
Tasks are great, because you create them once, and they have a way of showing up everywhere to remind you of your to do’s.
- Tasks will be on the activity timeline of the object it’s connected to (example: Contact and Listing)
- Tasks will show up on your Home tab, based on what you have due today
- Tasks will show up on your Tasks tab, where you can see a list of all Tasks due, and check them off if complete
- Tasks will appear as an ‘alarm bell’ notifier on the top right of your screen when you log in
- Tasks will appear on your mobile phone if you have the Salesforce app installed and connected to your username and password used for Ascendix
- Tasks will also appear on the right side panel of your email if you have Gmail or Outlook configured!.
There’s no way tasks are slipping between the cracks now!
Yes. Since we are on the Salesforce platform, we leverage the existing Salesforce app. From any smartphone or tablet, you can go to the Google Play or Apple App store, and search for Salesforce. If there are multiple apps that match that name, it’s the app with the blue cloud.
Install it, and use your Ascendix username and password to access.
Watch the video to get an overview of available features on your mobile:
When you’re mobile!
But for other reasons too. If you search for a Contact on the Salesforce app, and click on their phone number, your phone will dial their number. Once your conversation is over, the app will ask you how the call went. You can jot down notes on the call or use the voice-to-text feature your phone has. Either way, the call history is saved to that contact, with very minimal effort.
The same kind of support you get as a trial customer.
We’re here for the journey and the service and product evolution doesn’t stop once the contract is signed. We have a support email to report technical issues, and a client success team to ensure you’re engaging with the app and using it to maximize your investment. We pride ourselves on high retention rates, and that doesn’t happen by accident.
The real question to ask is, does the <insert company you are working with> integrate with Salesforce. Nowadays, it’s very common for API Integrations to occur. Some integrations are smooth while others are clunky. The cost of integration can be free, or very pricey.
Because Ascendix is built on the Salesforce platform, we invite you to the Salesforce AppExchange where you can search for the company to see if they have a “plug and play” app.
Ascendix does not promote or partner with any other 3rd party app. You can install apps in your Ascendix but we cannot support it since it’s essentially someone else’s product.
All prices are quoted monthly, but the fees due are annually. Below are the prices for one user.
Most Ascendix trials are on the Foundations edition.
Foundations, with all the base CRM for CRE features is $588 annually ($49/user).
Ascendix Search is an add-on to Foundations, priced at an additional $180 annually ($15/user).
Ascendix Enterprise has all the features of Foundations & Search, PLUS Composer (Brochure/Flyer/Report generator), Stacking Plans, Commission Calculations and Concierge (White Glove Assistance). This is priced at $948 annually ($79/user).
Bulk discounts are given when there are 50+ users.
Salesforce provides you with an option to export all of your data (including attachments), any time via CSV file.
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions:
Still have questions? Please feel free to contact your Account manager or our Support.