Ascendix Search Release Update 17 is now available! We are ready for Salesforce Summer’18 release and have improved mass email functionality to let you send mass emails even easier from your Salesforce. Send emails to selected records, saved lists or all records that match your search criteria. All is done in a few clicks!
Watch the video to see a summary of the major updates:
Here’s the complete list of June updates:
- Add support to send bulk emails – This feature allows users to set the recipient list for an outgoing email to the members of an Ad-Hoc List or the results of a previously saved search. When the user selects the list or saved a search, they will see how many recipients will be included in the email:
- Add the ability to attach files to email messages – Users will now be able to attach documents from Salesforce, upload files, or attach the output from Composer to an outgoing email. If they choose Composer, they can also generate a new report from within the email workflow:
- Improve email workflow from the Composer dialog – Previously users could only send a report to a single email address. With this update if the user chooses to send an email after rendering, they will be redirected to our email dialog with the Composer report already attached, where they can select recipients, use an email template, or type the email body themselves:
Let’s review how to send mass emails from your Salesforce using Ascendix Search.
Sending Mass Emails Right from Salesforce
With the new release, you can send mass emails to your Salesforce contacts, leads, inquiries or any other custom objects with email fields using Ascendix Search.
You can send emails to:
- All records in the current view
- Your saved search/system view or Ad-Hoc list
- Picked records from the list
To send mass emails:
- Click on the Email icon at the top right corner of the Ascendix Search. The Email popup will appear.
- Select the list you want to mass email in the Send email to field.
- Select the name of the list if you chose to mass email to a saved search/System view or Ad-Hoc list.
- Type your message or Insert a Template. Insert attachment if you need. Hit the Send button!
Real World Example: Inviting Contacts to the Baseball Game
There are plenty of cases when you want to send a custom email to the selected people.
Let’s imagine, you have three baseball tickets to the next Texas Rangers game, and you know that some of your contacts love baseball (that’s why you added them to the Ad-Hoc list ‘Baseball Fans’ to be able to find them quickly).
Let’s find them quickly and send them an email:
Step #1 Create a new search:
- Select SEARCH FOR Contacts and Click the button +Create New Search
- The game will be in Dallas: City equals to Dallas
- We want to see all baseball fans. We added them to the Ad-Hoc List ‘Baseball Fans’. Click +Add Search Criteria to add the field Ad-Hoc List and then select Baseball Fans from the list.
- Click Search button at the bottom left corner.
Step #2 Sending Mass Emails
In our case, we have two people matching our criteria so no need to select. In other cases, you can pick certain records and send an email to them.
- Select all and click the Email icon at the top right corner.
- In the Email popup, type your email and click the Send button.
3. Our email was sent and added to the activities of each email recipient in the list. To check this, click on the contact and navigate to Activity Timeline.
Need Help? Have Questions?
- Ascendix Search Help Documentation
- Ascendix Search How-To Videos on YouTube
- Ascendix Search Release Videos
- Get in touch with our support
That’s it for today. We are working on some great features so stay tuned!