Updated on October 30, 2019
AscendixRE and AscendixRE Land CRM now integrate with the world’s largest email automation tool MailChimp. No need to export email lists from Salesforce and add them to MailChimp campaigns. Everything synchronizes automatically! Not our user? In our post, we explain how MailChimp Salesforce integration works, so it will be useful for you too.
Both AscendixRE and AscendixRE Land are Salesforce-based apps that add commercial real estate and land functionality to the platform.
Download MailChimp for Salesforce app on AppExchange from the AppExchange and follow along as we explain how to maximize the integration with our solutions.
Without further ado, let me explain how it works.
How It Works
Our CEO Wes Snow recorded a two-minute video where he shows how AscendixRE Land and MailChimp integrate. For those on the AscendixRE platform, this integration is exactly the same.
Sending Contacts from Salesforce (AscendixRE) to MailChimp
#1 Create a mailing list in MailChimp to be able to send/import contacts to MailChimp, you have to create a list in MailChimp. If you have it ready, skip this step. #2 Using Member Queries to Create lists in MailChimp
- Go to Member Queries located in the MailChimp for Salesforce App in the MC Setup Tab and create a New Query.
- Select an existing list you wish to start adding contacts to, then select Next.
- Under Build Filters select contact, then select the fields you would like to filter by. (E.g., we are filtering by Relationship Type = Buyers).
- When you have finished setting up your filters click Next to Preview and click Next again to setup your MC Query Name and set when this query should run.
- Click Save and Run when done.
Great! Now all you need to do to add contacts to this list is to set the Relationship to Buyer. Once Member Queries are setup any contacts fitting your filter criteria will automatically synchronize to your List in MailChimp once a day. #3 Send Your MailChimp Campaign That is! Now you can setup MailChimp campaign’s off lists generated from Salesforce.
Adding New Field Values
You can add, rename the values in your Relationship type field. This might help you better segment your mailing lists and increase the efficiency of email campaigns. MailChimp found that when their users segmented email lists based on data like customer type, job title, and location, open rates increased by about 14%, and click-through rates by almost 55% compared to non-segmented sends.
Update Field Mappings
Although we used Member Queries to help us import contacts into MailChimp, don’t forget to update your Field Mappings!
- Under MC Setup select the Lists subtab and click on Map Fields on the list of your choice.
- Now match your Salesforce Fields to the correct MailChimp fields.
- To add new Mailchimp fields use the Add a new list field section.
- Select the Mailchimp field type and enter the field type EXACTLY as it appears in Mailchimp.
Deleting Contact from Your List
To delete the contact from your list, simply change the field value in your AscendixRE/Land and wait 24 hours or your next sync cycle for those changes to appear within MailChimp.
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. It helps millions of small businesses send various email campaigns and generate new leads. Create beautiful email templates, set up drip campaigns, run A/B tests and much more. You can use MailChimp for free if you have less than 2,000 subscribers and send up to 12,000 emails per month.
Check out the help posts about MailChimp and Salesforce integration:
- Integrate Salesforce with MailChimp
- Customize MailChimp for Salesforce
- How MailChimp Works with Salesforce