How It WorksOur CEO Wes Snow recorded a two-minute video where he shows how AscendixRE Land and MailChimp integrate. For those on the AscendixRE platform, this integration is exactly the same.
Sending Contacts from Salesforce (AscendixRE) to MailChimp#1 Create a mailing list in MailChimp To be able to send/import contacts to MailChimp, you have to create a list in MailChimp. If you have it ready, skip this step. #2 Using Member Queries to Create lists in MailChimp
- Go to Member Queries located in the MailChimp for Salesforce App in the MC Setup Tab and create a New Query.
- Select an existing list you wish to start adding contacts to, then select Next.
- Under Build Filters select contact, then select the fields you would like to filter by. (E.g., we are filtering by Relationship Type = Buyers).
- When you have finished setting up your filters click Next to Preview and click Next again to setup your MC Query Name and set when this query should run.
- Click Save and Run when done.
Adding New Field ValuesYou can add, rename the values in your Relationship type field. This might help you better segment your mailing lists and increase the efficiency of email campaigns. MailChimp found that when their users segmented email lists based on data like customer type, job title, and location, open rates increased by about 14%, and click-through rates by almost 55% compared to non-segmented sends.
Update Field MappingsAlthough we used Member Queries to help us import contacts into MailChimp, don’t forget to update your Field Mappings!
- Under MC Setup select the Lists subtab and click on Map Fields on the list of your choice.
- Now match your Salesforce Fields to the correct MailChimp fields.
- To add new Mailchimp fields use the Add a new list field section.
- Select the Mailchimp field type and enter the field type EXACTLY as it appears in Mailchimp.
Deleting Contact from Your ListTo delete the contact from your list, simply change the field value in your AscendixRE/Land and wait 24 hours or your next sync cycle for those changes to appear within MailChimp.
About MailChimpMailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. It helps millions of small businesses send various email campaigns and generate new leads. Create beautiful email templates, set up drip campaigns, run A/B tests and much more. You can use MailChimp for free if you have less than 2,000 subscribers and send up to 12,000 emails per month.
Further ReadingCheck out the help posts about MailChimp and Salesforce integration:
- Integrate Salesforce with MailChimp
- Customize MailChimp for Salesforce
- How MailChimp Works with Salesforce