[Updated 6/25/2018] Tired of having to jump back and forth between Salesforce and your Microsoft Outlook client to sync up emails and calendar activities? In this post, we’ll show how to install Salesforce Lightning for Outlook.
It’s a subject that pops up frequently when talking to clients about integration and best practices when using Ascendix products on Salesforce Lightning. So, we recorded the How-to video to guide you through the whole process.
Lightning for Outlook is only available for users using Microsoft Outlook 2016/2013 or Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2016 using Mac OS X 10.10 or later. Users must also have access to Exchange Online with Office 365 or Exchange 2016/2013 on-premises
Before we get started let’s make sure we meet the minimum specifications for integrating Salesforce for Outlook.
Outlook Program Versions:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- MAC OS X 10.10 and up
- Exchange 2016/2013 on-premises
- Exchange Online with Office 365
Note: This information is gathered from the Trailblazer Community.
Enabling Lightning for Outlook
You will need to get in touch with your Salesforce Administrator to enable Lightning for Outlook.
- Once you are logged into Salesforce locate the Setup tab in the top right and select it.
- Then in the Quick Find bar on your left, type in Lightning for Outlook & Sync and select it.
- Now click on the grayed-out bar next to Let users access Salesforce records from Outlook to enable Lightning for Outlook.
- More options should now be available.
- Click on the grayed-out bar next to Enable Enhanced Email with Lightning for Outlook
Salesforce Lightning for Outlook Add-In
In your Outlook client locate the Store Icon on the top right of your home bar and search for “Salesforce Lightning for Outlook” and enable the Add-in.
Once you have that enabled close out of this window. Then select the Salesforce Cloud Icon that should appear in the top right. You will be prompted to login to your Salesforce instance. Please note by enabling the add-in Outlook your Office 365 account will have the same functionality as well.
Congratulations! Now your Outlook to Lightning interface is ready to use!
Enabling Lightning Sync
Disclaimer! We are not liable for any loss of data or data duplication caused by improper configuration of Lightning Sync. As a best practice back up your data before attempting any sort of syncing.
The following steps must be completed by your System Administrator. We recommend reading the following about Lightning Sync before continuing with the steps below.
- Locate Lightning for Outlook and Sync and enable Lightning Sync by selecting the grayed-out bar.
- Choose either OAuth 2.0 to login directly as Admin or choose Service Account
- Login and follow the instructions provided
- Once your connection is tested select New Config under Set Sync Settings and Check Status
- Select New Lightning Configurations
- Add a Configuration Name, check the active checkbox, add all users you wish to have a certain configuration
- Now choose your Sync Direction and additional settings
- Save and configure your remaining settings and save again.
Have you heard about our Productivity app for Salesforce Ascendix Search?
If you are reading this post, you are looking for ways to improve your or your team productivity.
Check out our Salesforce advanced searching and reporting app Ascendix Search. Perform complex, multi-criteria searches across objects with a few clicks and without your Admin team. Send mass emails, mass edit your records, export to Excel, add multiple tasks, notes, search using maps and charts and much more. Try it now (30-day free trial with no obligations).